Reflecting on 2020: Flad Ends the Year as Industry Leader
While much of 2020 has been filled with unprecedented challenges as a result of the current and ongoing global pandemic, it also presented an amazing opportunity for enhanced collaboration, workplace innovation, and life-changing scientific discovery.
Through these challenges, the Flad team demonstrated extraordinary resolve, collaborating with our clients to develop innovative solutions and strategies to help them move forward amidst the pandemic, recognizing the key to continued progress meant abolishing traditional notions of what once was and instead embracing a new era and definition of normal.
As we reflect on the full scope and sweeping impacts of this past year, Flad is pleased to remain at the forefront of our industry, as demonstrated in the recently released Building Design + Construction Giants 2020 rankings:
No. 19: OverallNo. 05: Science and Technology – LaboratoriesNo. 11: University ArchitectureNo. 17: Federal Civilian GovernmentNo. 18: Healthcare Architecture
Our accomplishments across the science and technology, healthcare, academic, and corporate workplace markets have transcended traditional ways of thinking, explored concepts of next-generation design, and effectively paved a path toward continued progress and future success. A select list of these accomplishments is outlined below.
- Increasing hospital capacity and overflow isolation beds through optimized space studies >
- Innovative, forward-thinking facility design and strategies for protecting public health >
- Enabling rapid manufacturing for pandemic response >
- Risk management strategies for returning to the scientific workplace and laboratory environments >
- National recognition for energy-efficient building solutions and sustainable design >
- Recognizing how effective laboratory design could prevent the next pandemic >
- Studying COVID-19 Impacts on Remote Work >
- Flad recognized as one of the Best Hospital Architects in the U.S. >
- Providing a future framework for workplace environments >
- Helping clients move forward in the wake of COVID-19 >
January 19, 2021