Join us at the 2021 Lab Design Conference to Discover Science in the Sky: Designing High-Rise Platforms for Advancing Science
September 21, 2021 1:30pm EDT
Flad experts, Joseph Marshall (Principal) and Russ Drinker (Director of West Coast Science and Technology), will lead a session at the upcoming Lab Design Conference discussing the emerging trend of developing biotech facilities in dense, urban areas.
In this session they will explore current best practices for designing speculatively developed high-rise facilities targeting life science tenants with specialized operations in the fields of science, technology, and research. Key questions that will be addressed include:
- What features are needed for high-rise lab buildings?
- What is the profile of a typical sciences tenant and what are their typical needs and concerns?
- What code and planning requirements regulate doing science in high-rise buildings?
- What is the business case for life science tenants to locate in more expensive high-rise urban locations?
- How will the scientific workplace differ for the post-pandemic workforce?
- What issues are presented by highly urban developments that are unique to lab tenants?