University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation Centennial Building
An integrated approach
When the university's medical school merged with its public health department, it signaled a profound change for the departments. This new integrated approach to medicine was designed to address the evolving health care needs of Wisconsin, while educating health professionals, and expanding the boundaries of science through research.
To accommodate an expansion of programs and growth in curriculum, a new faculty office building was constructed. Housing up to twelve individual departments, the new building provides an open, collaborative environment, while allowing each resident group to maintain an individual identity.
The site design preserves a mature wooded area and an historic 1836 stone farmhouse.
These elements create a natural buffer between the MFCB and the adjacent residential neighborhood.
JeffLandscape Architect at Flad